Tuesday 19 June 2018

Neferata: Mortarch of Blood Review

Hi all


At Warhammer Fest, I picked up a copy of the limited edition Neferata: Mortarch of Blood, and now I have finished reading it, I would like to do a quick review for you all. 




First impressions on the book is that Black Library have once again made a stunning looking book. I especially like the picture on the edge of the pages, as seen below. 




This book is really two different stories. The first one is set in the Age of Myth where Neferata is attempting to prevent a rebellion from within her city of Nulahmia. The second is set in the Age of Chaos where she is plotting and scheming with the goal of regaining power of her city after Nagash gave half of it to Arkhan the Black. Even though both plots are fairly similar, they had enough variation to them to make each story interesting and gripping. 




The main thing you get from the novel, is learning just how far Neferata is willing to go in order to remain/regain power. She does this both from afar and up close and personal. She is even willing to sacrifice her closest allies if it will be if it her in some way. 





The only thing I would say is missing from the novel is Neferata’s motives, why is she so ruthless in her pursuit to power. I hope this is fleshed out more in up coming releases. 





Overall I would say this is a fairly solid book, and certainly a must for any fans of Death as it brings to light the ordinary life of both the human and vampire citizens of Nulahmia. As much fun as the big battles are, I really enjoying reading stories about everyday people in the Mortal Realms. 


The next book I am looking to read will be the newly announced Soul Wars. So keep your eyes peeled for a review soon. 


Let me know what you think in the comments down below


Take Care :-) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment