Monday 15 February 2021

Kaelo Rylanus 2021 Preview and Competition!

 Hi everybody 


The blog has been a lot quieter than usual since the pandemic hit and it is such a shame. There are several factors for this such as inconsistent content, lockdown blues and demand (since the start of WarCom we have seen our viewing numbers diminish which also hits author motivation). 

Today I wanted to take the opportunity to announce my return from hiatus, my plan for the coming year and also a wee competition to see if we can start to get the ball rolling. 

Here are the goals I have set for myself this year:

1. Video Battle Reports - First and most important I want to start playing more games and producing video battle reports. At Age of Warhammer, we are mostly narrative players so the results of these games will be linked together by written narratives to show the decisions made and the resulting consequences. We will be trialling this with a skirmish campaign, to begin with, most likely Warcry. We hope to be able to start this over the coming months.

2. Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine Army - I want to complete the background and structure for my own Space Marine Chapter as well as paint the whole army. I will provide regular updates for this but am currently at the mercy of the weather due to undercoating. I want to get the whole army complete by the end of May.

3. Warhammer 40,000 Zone Mortalis - I have a 6'x4' board, 4.5 copies of Dark Uprising, 2 Strongholds and a guide from Rapid Tabletop on how to make awesome modular boards. This is something I will probably start tackling in May time.

4. Warhammer 40,000 Thousand Sons Army - I actually am well through this project and the hope is that I will have it complete by the end of April.

5. Star Wars Legion Clone Trooper Army - I have actually been dabbling in this game since I saw Mandalorian season 2. Although it is not part of the Warhammer universe I still feel I would like to share the progress. If readers are not interested then I may create a sister blog for content. I would, again, like to get this complete by May.

6. Boardgame - I am working on getting my first boardgame published, which is something I excited to share in the coming months so hopefully, you will all like it too.

7. Drakenheim - Many of our longer-term readers will know that I tried to Kickstart my own wargame, Drakenheim, in 2019. Due to naivety, ambition and personal reasons the game didn't quite take off and it has had to go on a bit of a backburner from real life. However, I am frequently asked about the project and it is something I would still love to trial at a less ambitious scale, to begin with. If you are a 3D modeller or sculptor or just interested in more information please feel free to email me at Noctisgamingltd@gmail.com for more information. 

8. Author - I would very much like to speak to anybody interested in writing articles for the blog. For more details please contact me at kaelorylanus@gmail.com.


So, finally, let's talk about the competition. All you have to do to enter is follow the blog and leave a comment below saying the following:

1. What goals you have this year?

2. What from my list above are you most looking forward to and why?

The competition ends at midnight (UK time) 28/02/2021 and the prize will be a voucher worth £35/$50 or 40euro (or local equivalent - this may fluctuate up or down value-wise if you would like to know the exact amount please contact me - kaelorylanus@gmail.com - with the details of your local store and I will see what values they do) for a local gaming store. A name will be randomly generated and announced the first week of March.

To get extra entries, send a screenshot of the various places you have shared a link to this page to kaelorylanus@gmail.com!

I look forward to reading your responses and I will be back tomorrow with a review of the Hedonites of Slaanesh Battletome.

Kaelo

1 comment:

  1. Extending the competition until midnight 31/03/2021 and doubling the prize due to lack of promotion. New details to be released 28/02/2021

    ReplyDelete