So this has been quite a good weekend and been scheduled for a few months. Ghroll and I set to task on starting a Imperial Sector. We got a tonne of buildings assembled over the last 2 days but it does mean that we are unfortunately behind on a pair of Battletome reviews which we will be sharing this week.
So let’s take a look at one of the buildings that we have assembled.
This is a very early WIP. I have used 3mm XPS foam board to add in a floor. I have never used it as a modelling material before and I am delighted to see how easy it is to use. I have used a red biro to engrave the tiled floor pattern. To be honest the only thing I would do differently, if I was to start again, is to use 5mm as that is closer to the depth of the thicker parts of the GW floor tiles (there are nowhere near enough of these in the set and every other unbroken one has an access hatch...)
Let me know what you think of the building so far. Later this week I will be showing the fully assembled building complete with a simple roof. Also, please feel free to put up links to your examples (or other peoples) of work with foam board!
Thanks for reading!