Saturday 15 July 2017

Soulblight Necropolis.

Hi all


Today I will be bringing you a review of the new battle mat by games workshop. The Soulblight Necropolis. 



As you can see from the picture, the mat has a death theme to it, with tomes scattered about, and some unusual looking carvings/runes on the floors. 


The scenery I have from 4 ground goes really well with the mat, which I am very happy about as I have quite the collection. 









The only negative points I can think of with this batter mat, is one the size. It is 4 foot by 4 foot and not the traditional 6 foot by 4 foot. So you will have to scale down your armies for full battles. This size is however perfect for skirmish games. If you haven't checkout our Kaelos excellent reviews of the Skirmish book, I suggest you do so. The only other negative thing is that the mat comes folded in a small box which creates annoying fold lines. As a result of this, I suggest storing it rolled up in a cardboard tube. 


Overall I believe this is a must buy for any death player, and I cannot wait to have some amazing looking battles on it. 


Take care    

1 comment:

  1. I just have the 4x4 has the battlefield and use 1' off the board as designated deployment

    ReplyDelete