Thursday, 20 April 2017

Kharadron Overlords: Arkanauts WIP


Hello Everyone,

Just a really quick post from me today (Busy day!) to show you the progress I have been making on my Arkanauts. I do really like this kit and GW have managed to include a lot of character in these sculpts!

So I have been toying around with a few different paint schemes for these guys over the past few weeks. I originally wanted to have the main colour of the army as a light blue colour to match my Dispossessed Warden King, however, once painted I changed my mind as I didn't think the blue really worked on the Arkanauts.

So....



I chose to go with the main colour scheme used by GW which has the burgundy coloured clothing and tan coloured straps. I chose to go with this scheme because I am always wanting to find ways to improve my painting, so using the box art and other artwork I have been able to copy the techniques and colours used.

It is a tricky scheme to get right and I had to figure out how to get the straps to look as they do on the box art. I had to use a base of Zandri Dust, Seraphim Sepia Wash, a 50/50 mix of Zandri Dust and Ushbati Bone and then a edge highlight of Ushbati bone. I may also include a final highlight of Screaming Skull.

So I am hoping to keep improving on this scheme as I go and I'll hopefully have another Arkanaut painted by the next time I get to post!

Thanks again,

Aveinus Kaane


No comments:

Post a Comment