Saturday, 7 January 2017

Danariel Caythea: A Beginner's Journey

Hi all, 


Whilst Kaelo and Aveinus were away at Warhammer World at the New Year’s open day, I found myself sat at home finalising my thoughts on starting an army.  If you read Kaelo’s post last week, you will know that I spent a part of this weekend assisting with painting some Citadel Mighty Empire tiles.  This really reminded me of how much I enjoyed painting, and it got me thinking about having an army of my own where I can have full artistic license!  I have never been one for half measures, so after some deliberation, I quickly decided that I wanted to start with a unit of Shadow Warriors.  This was an easy choice for me, as I’ve always loved the Elven look and fluff.  After reading the backstory on the Shadow Warriors, I was sold on them being the first part of my army.  I asked Kaelo to pick up a box, and I am soon to be on my way!


 


I’ve decided I would like these to form a part of an Aelf army.  There seems to be a lot more variety in choosing this unit to fall into the Aelf faction rather than the more specific Swifthawk Agents or another.  As this is my first army, I want to make it as flexible as possible.  I’m not entirely sure on which direction I am going to go with these, but I plan on documenting each step I take.  I know that I want to convert these to a female unit as although I am not a girly girl, I think we could inject a little more femininity into this world.  I know that my colour scheme will consist of dark tones to match the Shadow Warriors identity, and there will be absolutely no pink involved!


Although I still have a lot of decisions to make on the dynamics of my army, I am certain I would like to use the Mistweaver Siah as my hero.  I love that little is known about her except for how powerful she is, which leaves so much to the imagination.  I’m attracted to the idea of using an enchantress as I think that magic brings an element of mystery to a character.  There’s a certain look to her which I think matches the Shadow Warriors perfectly.  I will be looking to build my army around these characters, depending on how these go!


 


Stay tuned for more progress as I continue.


Danariel


6 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing more! Mistweaver is a stunning miniature, and I hope she's an indication of a future Aelf range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm really looking forward to doing her! It'd be lovely to see some more models in her design aesthetic. We will have to wait and see.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blog. Really looking forward to seeing the awesome content you have planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me! Lots more to come, exciting times.

      Delete
  3. Nice to hear from a new voice on this blog! Can't wait to see what else is done for age of sigma even if I don't play it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, thanks for the comment! We've got lots to show you over the next year or so :)

      Delete